Thursday, August 14, 2014

It's all coming together, DAP Tales

It's funny how it all suddenly happens. I have been working on this game for over 8 years and the execution only took me a couple of hours. My husband didn't know I could do 3D work. I looked at him and asked if he knew that I'm a AIA grad. He just laughed and stared at the 3D sword illustrations. I have been also working on several books... So far... 16 of them. Reviewing what I have so far is somewhat daunting. When will I ever finish?

Lately I've been quite excited about the future. I'm in the bubble of creativity at the moment and I'm riding the air as I avoid pricks. Man! There are a lot of pricks! One prick in particular -- getting over being a starving artist. There is so much that I want to accomplish but the lack of money gets in the way, so I'm going to take Aziz Ansari's advice and keep working and perfecting my skill. Doors of opportunity are meaningless when you aren't ready to go through them.

2 comments:

  1. "Doors of opportunity are meaningless when you aren't ready to go through them." No truer words were ever spoken. Congratulations on completing your game! It must be very exciting for you - the completion of something. You've inspired me to write just a few more pages today and to get out of my own way! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words. Can't wait to read more of your work! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete